Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Luther Burger

Luther Burger: "a bacon-cheeseburger served on a Krispy Kreme doughnut bun"

To be a little more specific, they take the doughnut and slice it down the middle like it is a bagel and then they put the glazed side of each half on the grill and grill it for a quick moment. When they put the doughnut bun on the burger, the middle (non-glazed side) is facing out so that when you hold the burger you are holding it with the middle piece of the doughnut. They serve it with your choice of fries, tots, onion rings, or hush puppies.

I had mine with a side of tots AND fries. I mean, if you are going to have a coronary, might as well enjoy it.

So, yes, I went to Mulligan's with my friend Stewart last night and we both had a Luther Burger. It has an interesting taste. Amazinginly, it tastes exactly like you would guess; like a hamburger with a sweet bun. It is like having your entree and your dessert at the same time.

Stewart and I also had a couple of pitchers of Stella beer (which was also a first experience for me). After the Luther Burger and Stella beer, we headed over to The Corner Pub to join the CTS team as they competed in Team Trivia. To be honest, I can't remember if we won or not. I remember that we were in first place before the final question, but I don't remember what the final outcome was. Needless to say, Stewart and I had a real good time!!!!

For more information regarding my obsession with weird fried foods, please see these links:
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
-FatDrunkStupid

4 comments:

WT said...

Mmm... I can almost taste the death in your veins right now...

Why do you gotta tell me about things like that when you know I'm depriving myself of tasty treats like the hamdog and Ghetto Burger (which you still must try)?

Andy said...

you should eat Colon Blow Cereal for breakfast with chunks of Tom's Bryson's tailgating sausages...mmmmmm....gooood

WT said...

Was listening to Boortz this morning, and they were talking about it. The owner/cook/some guy from Mulligan's called in to the show. I thought of you and your poor ass...

will smama said...

Not THAT, my friend, is a lunch!