Monday, March 20, 2006

Finally, a sabbath day!

Well, the last few weeks have been crazy around the Hay house. Before this past weekend, our last 4 weekends were:
  • Thurs Feb 16 - Sun Feb 19: Morgan at Montreat Planning Team meetings while I helped her dad do his 'honey do' list at their new home in Black Mountain. Nothing like doing chores at someone else's house.
  • Fri Feb 24 - Sun Feb 26: Morgan in Plymouth, NC with her 3 best friends from highschool while I was in Highlands, NC with all my buddies for a double-bachelor party. Details of both trips to be withheld to protect the innocent (and the guilty).
  • Fri Mar 4 - Sun Mar 6: Morgan and I co-hosted a wedding shower for a friend (one of the bachelors from the party) in Birmingham. We also went to church at SHPC on Sunday with my family (see here for post about the sermon).
  • Fri Mar 10 - Sun Mar 12: We went on a confirmation retreat with the youth from St Lukes Pres. Actually, Morgan helped lead the retreat and I was the "Cabana Boby" (cook, maid, driver, and anything else that they needed done). Then, when we got back on Saturday, Morgan and I spent a couple of hours in the yard. Then, on Sunday while Morgan was at church, I spent another 8 hours in the yard. I hate yard work more than anything!!!!!!
This past week wasn't much better. Morgan drove to Birmingham on Monday to meet with the CPM (Committee for Preparation of Ministry) for her annual review. Afterwards she drove back and had to work on papers (I think she had 3 due last week). By the way, her review went great!!!! Tuesday night and Wednesday nights were spent cleaning the house and getting food ready for the Dinner Party at our house on Thursday. My dad (one of the Presbytery Execs) and the new Presbytery Exec were coming over to Columbia for a tour and to eat dinner with all of the candidates and inquirers from PSL (Presbytery of Sheppards and Lapsley), so of course our house got volunteered to host that shindig. So, we hosted that dinner party Thursday night and then the Columbia St Patty's day party was also at our house on Friday night. This was a fun party complete with Green Keg Beer. Thank goodness the Juniors know how to party, because the other two classes (the middlers and the seniors) were not well represented and those that did attend don't know how to party as well as the Juniors.

So, that gets us to Saturday. Morgan and I finally had a day to sleep in (not sure if I was really sleeping or if I was passed out, but either way I didn't get up until noon). We spent a couple of hours cleaning up our house. We have decided that keg parties are easier to cleanup after than BYOB parties because there is much less trash. After the house was respectable, I got on the couch and watched March Madness while Morgan went to the mall. We cooked a nice dinner together and watched a movie. Sunday was a typical minister's family Sunday. We went to church, went to lunch, went home and rested, and then went back to church for youth group.

I know that we are supposed to rest on the 7th day and it only took Morgan and I almost 5 weeks to find time to rest. Thank God for rest!

No comments: