Monday, March 06, 2006

Ma Bell back together again

As most of you are aware, I work for a large IT consulting firm. In our ATL and BHAM offices, we basically have 1 client; BellSouth. We have a few other small clients in these two offices, but the majority of the 350+ employees in these two offices work on BellSouth projects. Further, BellSouth is the single largest US based client my company has. So, you can understand why the acquistion of BellSouth by AT&T could cause concern around my office. See this article: AT&T agrees to buy BellSouth for $67 billion

What does this mean to me? Well, I am not sure quite yet. Most of you know that I haven't exactly been happy in my job and so this may be God working in a really weird way to help motivate me to determine what it is that I should be doing with my life (Warren and Steve, please remember that what I say here stays here and shouldn't go to our bosses). But would God really cause a $67 billion merger just to make me go do something more with my life? Probably not, but God may work through this to help kick me in the butt to go do something better.

I have a feeling that there will be an office-wide meeting (imagine the scene from Office Space when the 'Consultants' show up) this week to discuss what impacts this has to my company's business and bottom line. I will keep you updated on the company's solutions and my solutions (or I guess I should say, God's solutions for me).

"Mr. Watson, come here, I want you!"
-Pa Bell

No comments: