Saturday, June 25, 2005

Montreat West

Just a quick post from Colorado State University in Ft Collins, CO where I am shadowing the planning team (cause I am on next year's planning team) and running the powerpoint and a/v stuff for the conference.

The weather is hot but there is very little humidity so it is comfortable. Everyone here is so nice and things are going so smooth thus far. The conference starts tomorrow afternoon and I am sure it will be a whole different level of excitement when all the youth are here.

Thursday was quite a long day. I worked a full day and then rode Marta from Dunwoody to the airport. I caught my flight to Denver (which of course was running late). Once I arrived in Denver I then had to catch a shuttle to Ft Collins. When I got to the dorm, it was 12:15 Moutain time (2:15 AM eastern time to me). The lady at the front desk couldn't hear me banging on the door and the only phone number I had, no one was answering. I finally broke in (climbed in an open window). Then I went to find my room and my roommate was already asleep. He didn't know I was coming that night, so he had stuff all over my bed so I had to turn the light on, which woke him up, make the bed, brush my teeth and then climb into bed. I quickly realized there was no A/C, so I lay there trying to think cool thoughts. We got a fan on Friday and it made it sooooo much cooler.

I really love being here. This is the kind of stuff I most enjoy doing. I feel like this is what I am supposed to do with my life. The theme for the conference is 'Called by name'. Maybe I will hear God saying my name this week.

Love,

Frank

1 comment:

Andy said...

see your name has already changed to Frank just like when Jacob wrestled with the angel of God in Gen, things are looking up. Read my last post for this one to make sense.
hope you're having an awesome week.
peace out,
andy