Friday, August 12, 2005

Distance makes the heart grow impatient

Well, it is almost over. Morgan is 2 days away from completing her 12 week internship. I knew this distance thing would be hard, but I don't think either one of us realized how hard it would really be. Morgan and I dated 'long distance' all through college, so I thought this would be a breeze. Boy was I wrong.

I guess once you get used to seeing someone everyday it is hard not to see them everyday. It is weird what you miss when someone is gone. You would think that you would sleep better when you have the whole bed to yourself, and I will admit, I did the first couple of nights. But then I got to where I wasn't sleeping well because I didn't have her cold feet near me. I miss arguing over what stupid show we are going to watch tonight or who gets to lay on the couch with their feet in the other's lap. I miss her smile and her frown. I miss her cooking and our conversations during dinner. I miss her eyes and her dumbo ears. I even miss her nagging. I guess I discovered this summer that I am not me without her. She completes me ("Mini-me, you complete. You had me at hello.").

Ok, enough of the mushy "Jerry Maguire" stuff. Anyways, I am flying down to Jacksonville in the morning to see Morgan. Her last internship duty is to preach on Sunday, then we will head to the beach for some much needed time together. We will be returning on Wednesday night. So, I fully expect all of you bloggers out there to update your blogs several times so that when I get back to work on Thursday I will have something to read.

Peace out A-Town,
Usher

3 comments:

Apostle John said...

As a PCUSA minister, I am enjoying your blog. Just found it today and have read through several posts.

Great job!

amy said...

DUDE...is there really that much work to do at work these days? Blog a little, will ya?!

Andy said...

your blog is one of my favs...I'm having withdrawals...your killing me smalls...