Wednesday, July 12, 2006

New job

Well it is my third day at my new job and I have officially done nothing. In the consulting industry everyone is assigned a project. When you are not on a project, then you are waiting to get on a project. Every company has a name for the waiting time. My old company called it "on the bench" which is a common name in the industry. My current company calls it "on the beach". Well, I was actually on the beach last week and this cubicle looks nothing like it...

Wishing life actually was a Corona commercial,
-Peter Gibbons

Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless

5 comments:

WT said...

Same story, different characters, eh? I'm sure they'll put to hard to work soon. They couldn't hire all these people without need some work to be done, right?

Andy said...

Hey man,
Since you don't have nothin to do, could you do me a favor...it's a really simple but fun mind tease, puzzle to keep you occupied for at least 5 minutes:

How do I properly hook up my TV, DVD player/recorder, TIVO and Motorola wireless router?

I had to redo all of it when we moved to a new apt recently and I don't know how to return it to its former glory. I have them all working on their own but I can no longer get TIVO through DVD input which allows you to record from TIVO programs onto DVD recorder. Also, I have TIVO cable on Channel 3 and can access channels through TIVO remote. But I don't have cable on other TV remote channels. I.e. when I use TV remote to change channels, all snow.

Thanks for any insight.
Love ya,
Ange

Andy said...

no really...I'm not kidding... I need helppppp...pleeeaasseeeeee

Unknown said...

Hey! I'm the "anonymous" blogger you talked with tonight. Enjoyed talking with you. hope things go well this week.

Andy said...

hey man,
just wanted to drop a line and see how you were doing.
how's the job, morgan, miller?
got to hang out with your cousin lisle a bit at massanetta, neat kid.
hope all is well.
post soon.
peace,
a