Friday, May 27, 2005

Introductions

Since I am such a big tech nerd, I am sure it comes as a surprise to you that I have never 'blogged' before. So, I am still trying to figure out how this stuff works. I guess I write things here and you read them. That leads me to my first question; who is my audience? Who are 'you'? Who am I writing to? I guess it doesn't matter. I am not doing this for you. I am doing this for me.

So, you may ask, what is the Quest all about? Well, this is my Quest to determine what my purpose in life is. See, for a long time now, I have been struggling with what it is that I am supposed to do with my life. I am currently in a good job, that pays me well, that gives me lots of vacation and flexibility, and furthermore, I am good at it. So now you are thinking, what does this guy have to complain about? I am finally starting to realize that there is more to life than a good job. I want to do something more fulfiling with my life. Further, I believe that God has a plan for me and that God has been trying to tell me what that plan is and I have been ignoring it or not listening. So, this Quest is about me trying to sort through my thoughts and maybe, hopefully, I will hear whatever it is that God is trying to tell me.

This is my Quest. I hope you enjoy reading and following along. I just hope and pray that I will hear God soon. For the longest time I thought maybe God wasn't speaking to me. I am now realizing that I have been too busy to listen.

'Open my ears'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend, you're not the first person to have these feelings.

Exodus 4:10-13 (NRSV)
10 But Moses said to the LORD, "O my Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor even now that you have spoken to your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue." 11 Then the LORD said to him, "Who gives speech to mortals? Who makes them mute or deaf, seeing or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? 12 Now go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you are to speak." 13 But he said, "O my Lord, please send someone else."

You will definitely remain in my prayers, my brother. Thanks for sharing this piece of yourself with me.

RB

amy said...

So true and so real! Thank you for sharing. Here's a quote that
has been getting me through the days lately:

"The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet."
{frederick buechner}