Sunday, May 21, 2006

Charleston in May

This past weekend my friend Greg got married (finally). So, we made the trip up to Charleston for the weekend. Stew and Sue rode with us and we arrived early enough Friday afternoon to head downtown and have a few drinks. We then got all pretty and went to the Rehearsal dinner. It was really nice and the food was wonderful.

Saturday we slept in and then headed out towards Kiawah Island. We stopped at the shops right before Kiawah and had lunch at the old timey drug store. Then we headed to the church for the service. This was my first Catholic service experience. I was totally lost the entire time. As much as I know about Presbyterian and Protestant traditions, I am very uneducated about Catholic polity and process.

The reception was back at the hotel we were staying in. It was a buffet meal with a full bar and pretty cool band. After food, drinks, and dancing, we bid the happy couple farewell as they drove off in Nicole's (bride) dad's Rolls Royce. Then the party really started. We all headed downtown and closed down the bars. What I learned on this trip is that I am no longer 21 and I cannot drink drink after drink in smokey bars and then feel fine the next day. I woke up on Sunday and felt like a train had hit me and then I had to drive us all back to ATL. Whew, I am tired.

No comments: